The Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) is an association that represents companies in the construction industry. They have built a strong nationwide network with over 26,000 firms being represented.
The AGC of American supports local chapters nationwide and provide a network of over 10,500 suppliers and service providers. Working together, the membership is able to give back to the industry through philanthropic work.
According to the AGC’s website:
"AGC members believe strongly in giving back to the industry that has given them so much. At AGC of America, two organizations have formed to carry out this goal, AGC Charities and the AGC Education and Research Foundation. Both 501(c)3 organizations are governed by AGC members who volunteer their time, raise tax-deductible contributions from members to fund their charitable works.”
They also support the Construction Advocacy Fund. It was originally set up as a Public Awareness and Advocacy Fund and continues to protect the industry from regulatory overreach and advocate for AGC members. This Fund also fuels the association’s efforts to expand market opportunities for construction contractors by:
- Educating media and elected officials about construction’s role in shaping a strong economy
- Pushing for transportation funding to improve our aging highways, bridges and transit systems
- Working to establish a water infrastructure fund to finance water system repairs
- Getting legislation to fund repairs to aging ports and waterways approved.
- Working to change public policy to make it easier to use public private partnerships to fund infrastructure investments.
The AGC also awards programs to recognize industry leaders. You can find more information at their website: https://www.agc.org/